Blog » The Beetil Roadmap 2012 Edition
We’ve been doing plenty of scheming here at BeetilHQ and have been planning out our roadmap for the rest of the year. We’re often asked what’s on our roadmap so we thought we’d share it with you guys so you know where we’re headed. If there are some “side trips” you’d like to recommend then we’d also love to hear your input.
We’ve decided this year to focus on four main themes: productivity, customisation, customer portal, and integration.
Let’s delve deeper and pick off some of the larger items of work we have on the radar.
- Beetil Dashboard Queues – This will provide the ability to create incident, problem, change, and release queues so you can easily segment, monitor and access your operation’s work. We’re in the final stages of testing so expect this real soon. We’ve been using it in beta for a couple of weeks and it’s nothing short of awesome.
- Beetil automation & triggers engine – This will allow specified actions to be “triggered” when particular events occur. i.e. if a P1 incident is logged by “my most important customer”, then assign to “the boss”.
- Service Request Management – This will allow users to “request” a particular service, and provide service desk staff with a more streamlined ability to “fulfill” this request. We’ll closely align to the ITIL v3 request fulfillment process for sure.
- Beetil tasks & templates – We’ll be building tasks into all of our beetil types, but also the ability to set up “template” beetils and services so that you can more easily setup and standardise the services you provide to your customers.
- Mobile-friendly version – We know mobile is big, so expect a mobile-friendly Beetil version coming to the small screen.
- Improved reporting – as well as building out our reporting across the board we’ll be looking to build some nice customisable dashboard reporting to give you that perfect picture as to how your operation is performing.
- Customisable Dashboard Views – This will provide you with the ability to choose how you want to see your beetils. Not just in terms of what columns you see, but what form you see it (i.e short, medium, long)
- Customisable email templates – We’ll be providing you with the ability to customise almost every Beetil email, and even create new email templates.
- Foreign language support – customer portal
- Foreign language support – main Beetil app
Customer Portal Stream
We’ll be working hard this year to really enhance the end-customer experience of Beetil and make it more open and public facing. Further, we’ll be providing service desk staff with more powerful tools to help manage those situations that affect “multiple customers”.
- Multiple customers, and broadcast functionality
- Customer portal – self registration, knowledge and messages
- Customer Portal – visibility of changes and releases
Finally, we’ll be working upon an integration stream to help make Beetil play nicely with all of your other favourite apps and systems.
- LDAP/AD Integration
- Integrations with CRM and Timesheet Tools – Xero, Salesforce, CapsuleCRM, Freshbooks, Harvest
- Integrations with network discovery tools
And, of course, it goes without saying there’ll be a whole other heap of general ongoing improvements across all aspects of the software and our platform.
We hope you found the above useful, and if there’s something that we’ve not mentioned and that you’re just craving to see then please drop us line. Post a comment here or email us at support at beetil.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Right, better go get back on that bus. There’s a roadmap to be delivered.